One of the top destinations for vacation with children in Croatia is definitively Primosten.
Primosten is a small tourist town with an old town situated on an island that is connected to the mainland with a bridge. One of the main highlights of Primosten is the Old town and Velika Raduca beach. Due to its position near to several National parks, it is a great base for one-day trips and excursions along the Croatian coast and the islands.
The Old Town of Primosten, Photo: www.pixabay.com.
The Old Town of Primosten
The Old town of Primosten is relatively small and not full of historic sites like some other Croatian destinations, but when you go on vacation with the kids browsing through historic sites is probably not your top priority. On the other hand in Primosten is full of tourist events during the summer season. All the information about the events you can find on the official website of the tourist board of Primosten.
How to get to Primosten?
If you need help to get to Primosten, we advise you to use a private transfer service. There you can find private transfers from Split airport and any other destination in Croatia.
Where to eat while on vacation in Primosten?
Probably the moment you arrive to town your kids will say that they are hungry. The Old town is filled with taverns and restaurants where you can taste everything from the traditional Mediterranean fish dishes to pizza that your kids probably prefer. Here you can find a list of taverns and restaurants in Primosten, but you will probably discover others by simply following the scent of meals and we suggest you to choose the ones with most locals inside because they surely know where is the best food in Primosten.
List of taverns and restaurants in Primosten:
Where is the best beach in Primosten?
Velika Raduca is definitively the most famous beach in Primosten. This pebble beach with its shallow parts is just perfect for families with children. On the other hand, if you are looking for a beach that is a bit more private, check this link with private boat tours from Primosten where you can book a boat tour from Primosten with local experts and simply relax on the beach in one of the hidden bays nearby. This brings us to our next question about Primosten:
Where to go on one-day excursions from Primosten?
The town of Primosten is situated near several National Parks so it presents an excellent base for one-day trips.
National Parks in the vicinity of Primosten:
Krka National Park includes many amazing waterfalls. Here are the names of the most famous ones: Skradinski Buk and Roški slap. In the Krka National Park, you will also find Visovac Island with a monastery that is worth visiting. You can visit the Krka National Park by car or by boat. We suggest a private one day boat tour. While there we recommend you to also visit the Old mills with their heritage collection and see how people used to live and work there in the past.
Photo:Krka National Park, www.pixabay.com
- Plitvice Lakes National Park is situated a bit further (approximately 200km and a 2h drive from Primosten) but definitively worth seeing while in Croatia. Numerous waterfalls and nature wonders will definitively take your breath away no matter if you are nature lover or not. Plitvice Lakes is one of several sites in Croatia that are on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- Kornati National Park is an archipelago that consists of 89 small islands. We suggest you take a private boat tour to visit them. While on the Kornati you can buy local products like olive oil, honey, natural cosmetics and artifacts made of materials from the Kornati islands that can serve as souvenirs for you once you return home to remember the Kornati.
Which other cities are worth visiting while on holidays in Primosten?
The town of Sibenik, Photo: www.pixabay.com
Sibenik is a major city in the area and here is a list of things you must see in Sibenik:
- St. Jacobs Cathedral is an excellent site for history and art lovers. It is listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List, but the most interesting fact about this cathedral is that it has approximately 70 sculpture heads on the facade.
- St. Michael's fortresses – this is the site your kids will enjoy. Also, the view from the top is spectacular. It is situated close to the Old town center.
- Beach Banj – nice beach in the vicinity of the Old town. There we advise you to rent Parasols because there is not much shade from the sun on this beach.
Photo for VIP Holiday Booker’s blog, “The 5 Best Restaurants in Trogir”
This old medieval town is also on the UNESCO heritage list. We have already written about Trogir and if you are looking for a place to eat we recommend you read a great article also from our blog about the Top 5 restaurants in Trogir.
While in Trogir take a stroll to the Tower Kamerlengo. Sometimes during the summer, there is a small fun park next to it for the kids.
A bit further from Primosten but definitively worth visiting. Split is the capital of Dalmatia.
- While in Split do not miss the Diocletian’s Palace which is also a part of the UNESCO heritage list and a part of the Old part of the city.
- Bacvice Beach is great for kids because this is the long shallow sand beach not far from the city center.
- Marjan Hill is great to visit because of the view. There you can take beautiful photos of Split with your family as a memory on your family trip to Split, Croatia.
Are there any other attractions near Primosten worth visiting while in Primosten?
- If you are looking for more fun on your vacation we propose you to make a one day trip to Fun Park Mirnovec, that is situated near Biograd na moru, app. 70 km from Primosten. In this fun park, you will surely spend a whole day riding the numerous fast and slow rides and enjoying other attractions for the whole family. You can park directly in front of the park for a small fee if you come by car.
- Beach resort and Fun Park Solaris – is also excellent water Fun Park for the whole family. The difference from the Fun Park Mirnovec where most attractions are on or over ground (in air), here you can enjoy the whole day with your kids in the bathing suit and in the pool. It is definitively worth seeing and experiencing with your family and kids.
Where to stay in Primosten while on vacation?
Like any parent you probably wish your family to enjoy the most luxurious accommodation at the best price during your vacation. If this is the case, check Luxury Villa Mia Bella with Pool that is situated near Primosten.
Photo from VIP holiday booker's website
This villa has a stunning view on Primosten and its best feature is that it is far away from the crowds and therefore it is a perfect place for those who are looking for peace and quiet on their vacation. It can accommodate 8 people and it includes 4 bedrooms with 4 bathrooms. in other words, You have the possibility to rent it with your friends as well.
Villa Mia Bella provides a mix of relaxing exterior and interior. Pastel colors of the interior are in contrast with the turquoise colors of the sea view. It also includes the view on the greenery that is completely relaxing.
Regarding facilities, it includes a fully equipped kitchen. In case you need a villa pre-stocking with groceries before you arrive, it can be arranged. Other benefits of this villa for rent near Primosten are that it is pretty affordable with the price between 400 euros and 750 euros per night.
Do you wish to read what other guests who have visited this villa before say about it? Here you can read Villa Mia Bella reviews, but also check other photos of the villa interior and exterior and see the dates that are available for this or the next season and make inquiry for your own vacation dates.
The second villa that we recommend for families is situated in Rogoznica, also near Primosten (app 9km from Primosten). The villa is called Carpe Diem Paradise and there you can really seize the day.
Photo from VIP holiday booker's website:
“The house is very spacious, modern, new and comfortable. It has excellent facilities.The pool and the view are stunning!” this is what previous guests are saying about this villa.
This is a villa with pool that accommodates 10 guests and it includes 4 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. One of its best features is that it is located only 80m from the beach and it has a stunning view of Rogoznica. The infinity pool has an integrated Jacuzzi so you can relax while enjoying the view. In many aspects, this villa is the ideal place to relax, have fun and enjoy Croatia. Its price is from 250€ per night, but it is pretty full for this season so, if you are interested, make sure to book it quickly.
The town of Rogoznica
The town of Rogoznica where Carpe Diem Paradise villa is situated is a small town that lies on a peninsula. During the summer its streets are filled with tourists and there are many events taking place there. You can find information about the events on the Rogoznica tourist board's official website.
Photo of Rogoznica from www.commons.wikimedia.org
While in Rogoznica you must see the Dragon Eye, the salt lake near Marina Frapa. Marina Frapa is the yacht harbor in Rogoznica. In its restaurants, you can taste the wonderful meals of the Mediterranean, but also international cuisines. They even have a sushi bar. You can also find a sports center there and play tennis, squash and do fitness if you like to stay active on your vacation.
You can also go diving and rent bikes if you wish to spend an active vacation in Rogoznica. For inquiries we recommend you to contact our VIP concierge experts,who will assist you with your needsno matter if it is bike rental, reservation of restaurants or some other VIP holiday service.
- For example, if you wish to go out one day and see the nightlife of Primosten, you can hire a babysitter for your kids. In this case, we advise you to visit Aurora club or one of many pubs or cafes in the Old town of Primosten. Here is a link to one of them: Legend pub.
- On the other hand, if you wish to relax from cooking, you can also rent a private chef for the whole holiday or just for one day for example if you are preparing a birthday celebration for one of your family members.
These are only some of the VIP concierge services we offer. You can check the complete list on the VIP concierge services part of our website.
We hope we managed to help you with choosing your next summer destination. This summer visit Primosten and tell us about it after your return. We wish you to have fun with your family and relax in Primosten and its area!