General Terms & Conditions
Private accommodation, apartments, villas, country homes and holiday homes
Corona Full Refund extraordinary cancellation policy!
You will receive a full refund if
- You decide to cancel 30 days in advance of your holiday start date where the official decision of your country of residence (ministry) forbids "all but essential travel” to Croatia.
- You decide to cancel 30 days in advance of your holiday start date in the event of border closures or flights being suspended.
- In case of travel restrictions up to 29 days in advance of your holiday start Agency is obligated to issue the credit voucher in the amount of the traveler's payment to the agency. The Traveler needs to use the said credit voucher within 18 months from the date of issue of the voucher for the accommodation originally booked.
The terms below apply to the latter:
- Customers cannot request a cancellation for any other reason. If this happens more than 30 days before your holiday, you will receive a full refund.
- By far the majority of our holiday homes are covered under our full-refund offer. A handful are not because the holiday principal (usually the homeowner) has not agreed to participate.
- Our Villa Specialists will notify you about each villa/holiday home you are interested in.
If you have a booking made before 10th September 2020 our standard General Terms listed below for cancellation will be applied.
1. General Terms
These General Terms and travel regulations are a component part of the Agreement, in other words, the voucher, between company Vip holiday booker d.o.o., Poljička cesta 20A, 21 000 Split, ID code: HR-AB-21-060290862 (hereinafter: the Agency) and the travel contractor (hereinafter: the Traveler). These General Terms and Conditions define the conditions with which the Agency enters into a contract with the reservation holder, which differ in terms of legal liability. For reservations, where the Agency offers additional services, other than accommodation contractually performs as an organizer, while in all other cases the Agency acts as an intermediary (for accommodation sales). All the information and terms in the program and these General Terms are binding for both the Agency and the Traveler.
The Agency ensures services according to the information published and valid at the time of the reservation confirmation, and according to the description and travel period in accordance with confirmed reservations except in circumstances beyond our control such as illness or death of the service provider or his/her immediate family, outstanding circumstances which cannot be foreseen nor eliminated (natural disasters such as earthquakes, floods, sanitary disruptions, fires, droughts, wars, strike, terrorist actions and limitations issued by the government mobilization, country exit ban).
3. Reservations and payment - accommodation
Inquires and accommodation reservations can be made via e-mail, by phone call, or in writing at any of the Agency's branch offices as well as at the offices of our partner travel agencies. By confirming a reservation, the Traveler confirms that he/she is aware of the General Terms and conditions of the travel services and fully comprehends and accepts these terms which are binding for both the Traveler and the Agency.
The Agency provides the Traveler with the appropriate materials in electronic form, presenting all relevant information regarding the trip, and provides or points out the general terms and conditions of the trip which are an integral part of this Agreement, as well as offers a travel insurance package. To book accommodation Traveler is obligated to pay an advance - deposit of 40% of the total value of the price of accommodation for the selected period unless otherwise stated during the booking process and the remaining 60% of balance payment of the total value of the price for accommodation 40 days prior to arrival to accommodation unless otherwise stated during the booking process. For a specially marked object or accommodation, the Traveler is obligated to pay 100% of the value of the price of accommodation for the selected period to realize booking. The mentioned models of payment apply to all accommodation unless otherwise specified and with which the Traveler was introduced while confirming the reservation. The Traveler is obligated to provide any information required for the reservation process.
Note for payments made from abroad - This method of payment refers exclusively to foreign clients. It is necessary to transfer the value of the reservation to the foreign account of the agency. The payers' and recipients' bank transfer fees are covered entirely by the client.
Note for credit card payment – All payments will be effected in Croatian currency. The amount your credit card account will be charged for is obtained through the conversion of the price in Euro into Croatian kuna according to the current exchange rate of the Croatian National Bank. When charging your credit card, the same amount is converted into your local currency according to the exchange rate of credit card associations. As a result of this conversion, there is a possibility of a slight difference from the original price stated on our website.
The service provider reserves the right to withhold service to the Traveler if the Traveler brings a pet to the accommodation without previously notifying the Agency or the service provider. In this case, the Agency is not obligated to accept complaints made by the Traveler on the quality of the booked accommodation or services.
Promotions and discounts cannot be aggregated with each other or combined. Each reservation can contain only one discount.
4. Sojourn tax - accommodation
According to the Law on sojourn tax of the Republic of Croatia, the Traveler is obligated to pay the sojourn tax along with his/her accommodation payment. According to the Law on sojourn tax of the Republic of Croatia, the sojourn tax is from 2,00 to 7,00 Kuna per person per day for adults. Adolescents from the age of 12 to 18 (but not after they have turned 18) are entitled to a 50% discount, while children under the age of 12 are exempted from paying the sojourn tax. The total amount of the sojourn tax for a specific reservation is determined by the destination in the Republic of Croatia as well as the accommodation service dates.
5. Rates - accommodation
The price of the service includes the basic service as described in the price list for the reserved accommodation unit. Special or extra services are those services that are not included in the base price of the accommodation (marked as different kinds of possible services in the description of the accommodation unit or Price List/Rates or additional services that are available through prior notification and additional payment) and as such are to be paid by the Traveler along with the reservation amount or at the spot, as indicated in our offer. Special and extra services/requests must be requested or announced during the reservation process.
The average cost of electricity, water and gas is included in the price of the accommodation as are all the sheets and bedding items, final cleaning and other added services which are noted in the description of each accommodation unit. The Traveler is obligated to leave the premises clean and tidy before departure, regardless of the final cleaning charge set by the proprietor. Final cleaning includes washing and stacking of dishes, trash removal and sweeping all the rooms in the accommodation unit so that the accommodation unit is left neat and tidy.
The service rates are stated in Euros. The Agency reserves the right to change the published rates. Travelers who have paid the deposit for a certain reservation are guaranteed by the Agency the accommodation rate listed on the calculation based on which the deposit payment was made. Should rate changes occur prior to the deposit being paid, the Agency is obligated to inform the Traveler of these changes. All involved parties accept that the Agency reserves the right of changing the rates no later than 20 days prior to the beginning of the service if the following occurred after the reservation confirmation: changes in the foreign exchange rate, Should the price of the paid reservation amount increase for more than 10%, the Traveler has the right to cancel his/her reservation and is also entitled to a refund without any additional compensation.
The rates listed in our offers and programs are formed according to the agreement made with our contractors and do not necessarily match the rates stated on the spot at the accommodation unit in which the Traveler resides. Possible differences in rates cannot be subject to complain. Should the number of people arriving to the reserved accommodation unit exceed the number indicated on the travel documents (voucher), the service provider has the right to withhold service to unannounced Travelers or accommodate all Travelers provided that additional payment for the unannounced Travelers is made on the spot. In this case, the agency does not acknowledge any complaints for quality or services provided at the booked accommodation.
6. Categorization and service description - accommodation
The offered accommodation units are described in accordance with the official categorization of the proper authority, as well as the actual state of the unit at the time of its publication. The standards of the accommodation, food, services and the like vary depending on the destination/country and are not subject to comparison. The information provided to the Traveler at the point of sale does not obligate the Agency any more than the information stated on the web pages of www.vipholidaybooker.com or in the catalog or other printed materials of the Agency.
A parking place is secured only if the service provider has one available parking space for each accommodation unit on the premises or in its vicinity. A secured parking place does not necessarily mean that it is located in the yard of the premises, in a guarded, fenced, or covered area.
The accommodation that is wheelchair accessible, but not necessarily completely adapted must possess the following characteristics:
- position of the accommodation unit is on the ground floor (up to a maximum of 2 steps at the entrance to the accommodation unit)
- size of the accommodation unit is suitable for movement of a person in a wheelchair (minimum door width is 75cm, spacious bathroom, which is not necessarily equipped with adequate handles and bars)
7. Obligations of the Agency
The Agency's obligation is to provide services as well as select the service provider while taking into consideration the rights and interests of Travelers in accordance with the traditions of the tourism industry. The Agency will fulfill all the abovementioned obligations as described, except in circumstances beyond its control (Article 2) in which the Agency will proceed as stated in Article 12.
8. Obligations of the Traveler
The Traveler is obligated to:
- have valid travel documentation
- respect and abide by all customs and foreign exchange regulations of the destination country
- respect and abide by all customs and foreign exchange regulations as well as the laws and other regulations of the Republic of Croatia as well as other countries through which he/she passes through or resides in. Enquire whether or not he/she requires a visa for the destination country as well as neighboring countries. In the event the Traveler is unable to continue the trip as a result of being in direct violation of these regulations, the Traveler is responsible for all related expenses.
- abide by house rules of the accommodation unit as well as cooperate with the service provider in a well-intentioned manner
- present the service provider with the document proving paid service (voucher received via e-mail)
- pay the balance of the reservation as stated on the travel document and according to these General Terms & Conditions. The price in Euro will be converted into Croatian kuna in accordance to the exchange rate of the Croatian National Bank on the day of payment.
- announce the intention of bringing a pet into the accommodation unit, even if the accommodation unit is described as a pet-friendly accommodation, as well as announce the type and size of the pet. Even though pets might be permitted, there are house rules which must be followed and respected. For the majority of pet-friendly accommodation units, an extra fee is applicable which is paid on the day of arrival directly to the service provider. The Traveler will receive information from the agency in advance about the pet fee which is to be paid on the day of arrival.
- if the Traveler has an intention to arrive with more persons than listed as the maximum capacity of the accommodation unit he is obligated to inform the agency immediately upon sending an accommodation request, even if the persons are minor children. The possibility of staying with a larger number of people solely depends on the goodwill of the accommodation service provider and does not exclude additional payment. There are no rules under which minor children can stay free and without notice in the accommodation unit.
If the Traveler does not follow these regulations, he/she will be held responsible for any expenses or damages. By confirming a reservation, the Traveler has agreed to compensate the service provider on the spot for any potential damages caused by his/her own negligence.
9. The Traveler's right to changes and cancellations - accommodation
In the event, the Traveler wishes to change or cancel a confirmed reservation he/she must do so in writing (via e-mail). Changes or cancellations by telephone are not permitted and will not be accepted. In the event that the Traveler should request to make a change or cancel a confirmed reservation, the date on which the written cancellation is received, during regular Agency's working hours, will represent the basis for the cost calculation. If the written cancellation is received outside regular Agency working hours, the cancellation date which will represent the ground for calculating cancellation costs will be the following working day of the agency. In the event that the Traveler cancels a confirmed reservation of a private accommodation up to 24 hours after making the payment, provided that there are at least 40 days left between the date of the cancellation and the beginning service date of the reservation in question, the Agency shall issue a refund of the paid amount to the Traveler within 7 working days. This is only valid for the first canceled reservation.
In the event that the Traveler should request to change the number of persons, the arrival or the end date of a confirmed reservation provided that the change is possible, the following conditions will apply:
- if the new reservation amount is of equal or greater value than the original reservation amount, the Agency will charge only the price difference.
- if the new reservation amount is less than the original reservation amount, the Agency will make a change according to the Travelers request, but the amount of the reservation will not be reduced.
In the event that the Traveler requests to change a confirmed accommodation unit to an accommodation unit of a different service provider, the change will be treated as a cancellation and the Cancellation terms stated below will apply.
If a reservation change is not possible and the Traveler cancels the confirmed reservation, the Cancellation terms stated below will apply.
1) For cancellation of accommodation the cancellation charges are as follows:
- for a reservation canceled up to 40 days prior to the beginning date of the service 40% of the total amount of the reservation
- for a reservation canceled up to 39 to 0 days prior to the beginning date of the service 100% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged
- The guest is obligated to pay the full amount or the balance payment of the total reservation no later than 40 days prior to the beginning date of the service.
- Note: All of the above conditions apply to all types of facilities unless otherwise stated during the booking process
(In case of force majeure circumstances '' circumstances beyond a party's reasonable control '' such as; natural catastrophes, war, riots, earthquakes, hurricanes, unexpected legislation, strikes, flights suspended, flood, plague, pandemic, travel restrictions all payments already paid by Traveler are non-refundable. The agency is obligated to issue the credit voucher in the amount of the traveler's payment to the agency. The Traveler needs to use the said credit voucher within 18 months from the date of issue of the voucher for the accommodation originally booked.)
In the event that the Traveler cancels a reservation for which he/she paid 40% or less of the total booking amount, and the actual cancellation costs exceed the amount already paid for the reservation, the Agency reserves the right to charge the actual costs incurred which will be calculated in accordance with the Cancellation terms described in Article 9 of these General Terms and conditions. The Agency will issue an invoice to the Traveler which he will be obligated to pay within 14 days of receipt thereof.
In the event the Traveler does not arrive to the accommodation by midnight on the beginning date of the service, without contacting the Agency or the service provider, the reservation will be canceled and the corresponding cancellation fees will be charged according to the above-mentioned terms. The Agency is not obligated or responsible for reimbursing the Traveler for the cost of his/her travel documents or visas relating to the reservations canceled by the Traveler.
10. Travel insurance
The cost of the trip does not include the travel insurance package: insurance against accidents and illnesses that may occur during the trip, damage or loss of luggage, or voluntary health insurance. Should the Traveler request additional insurance, arrangements can be made directly with the insurance company or at the Agency itself wherein the Agency acts only as a mediator. Please read the insurance Terms and Conditions carefully before purchase.
The cost of the trip does not include cancellation insurance. Should the Traveler, during the reservation process suspect that due to certain reasons he might cancel his trip the agency recommends the purchase of cancellation insurance. Cancellation insurance cannot be paid for after the reservation has been made, only during the booking process.
Should the Traveler not have cancellation insurance and is unable to travel the Agency reserves the right to refund the Traveler according to the cancellation terms listed in Article 9 of this Agreement. In the event of a reservation cancellation, visa application costs and other travel document costs are non-refundable even if the Traveler has cancellation insurance. If the Traveler has a cancellation insurance policy, the Traveler must file all claims with the insurance company which issued the policy, while the Agency is obligated to provide all necessary documentation relating to the claim and the reservation in question. All other insurance terms and conditions are enclosed with the insurance policy and the Agency recommends that Travelers read them more carefully.
Each Traveler is responsible for lost, damaged and/or stolen property left unsupervised. The Agency is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen luggage, nor for stolen luggage or valuables kept in the accommodation unit (we recommend renting a safe if possible or buying an insurance package which would include luggage insurance). Lost or stolen luggage is to be reported to the accommodation service provider or to the relevant police station.
12. The Agency's right to changes and cancellations - accommodation
The Agency reserves the right to make changes of reservations in the event of circumstances that cannot be predicted, avoided, or eliminated (see Article 2). A reserved accommodation unit can only be changed with prior notification to the Traveler for an accommodation unit of the same category or of a higher category and at the price at which the Traveler confirmed the reservation. If the replacement accommodation is only possible in a higher-category unit where the price is 15% higher than the price of the paid reservation, the Agency reserves the right to charge the Traveler for the difference in agreement with the Traveler. In the event a replacement accommodation unit cannot be arranged, the Agency reserves the right to cancel the reservation and notify the Traveler prior to the beginning of the service and guarantees a full refund of the paid amount. If the Agency cancels a reservation, the Traveler is not entitled to any compensation from the Agency and the Agency is only obligated to refund the amount paid to the Agency's account. If an adequate replacement unit is not available on the day of the commencement of the service, the Agency will make an effort to provide the Traveler with information on possible alternative arrangements which are not a part of the Agency's offer and will refund the Traveler with the full amount paid for the reservation.
13. Additional Services: transportation, private driver, car rental, boat rental, excursions, personal chef services, concierge services and others
To book additional services, such as transportation, private driver, car rental, boat rental, excursions, personal chef services, concierge services and others, Traveler is obligated to pay in advance the deposit of at least 20% of the total value of the service for the selected period unless otherwise stated during the booking process. The Traveler is obligated to pay the remaining 80% of the balance payment of the total value of the booked services on a day of the service beginning directly to the service provider – unless otherwise stated during the booking process
The above payment options do not necessarily apply to all services. Available payment methods for each service are listed in the service offer, under section Terms in Service Details.
For specially marked services Traveler is obligated to pay 100% of the value of the price of service for the selected period to confirm the booking.
The mentioned models of payment apply to all additional services unless otherwise specified and with which the Traveler was introduced while confirming the reservation. The Traveler is obligated to provide any information required for the reservation process.
14. Cancellation Policy for Additional Services: transportation, private driver, car rental, boat rental, excursions, personal chef services, concierge services and others
For cancellation of standard car transfers the cancellation charges are as follows:
• free cancellation up to 24 hours before the beginning of the service
• for a reservation canceled in the period from 24 to 0 hours before the beginning of the service, 50% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged
• for no-shows and for termination of the service after its consummation already began, 100% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged.
For cancellation of premium car transfers, premium car rentals, speedboat transfers, land excursions, the cancellation charges are as follows:
• free cancellation up to 48 hours before the beginning of the service
• for a reservation canceled in the period from 48 to 0 hours before the beginning of the service, 50% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged
• for no-shows and for termination of the service after its consummation already began, 100% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged.
For cancellation of standard car rentals the cancellation charges are as follows:
The cancellation charges are as follows:
• free cancellation up to 48 hours before the beginning of the service
• for a reservation canceled in the period from 48 to 0 hours before the beginning of the service, including no-shows, 20% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged
For cancellation of personal chef services and catering services the cancellation charges are as follows:
• Free cancellation up to 15 days before the beginning of the service
• for a reservation canceled in the period from 14 to 7 days before the beginning of the service, 20% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged
• for a reservation canceled in the period from 6 to 0 days before the beginning of the service, 50% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged
• for no-shows and for termination of the service after its consummation already started, 100% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged.
For cancellation of multi-day and weekly charters of luxury yachts, boats and super cars, the cancellation charges are as follows:
• for a reservation canceled in the period up to 60 days before the beginning of the service, 50% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged
• for a reservation canceled in the period from 59 to 0 days before the beginning of the service, 100% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged
For cancellation of daily rentals of luxury boats, speedboats and small boats, small boats weekly rentals, and daily yacht tours, the cancellation charges are as follows:
• for a reservation canceled in the period up to 15 days before the beginning of the service, 50% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged
• for a reservation canceled in the period from 14 to 0 days before the date of the service 100% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged
For cancellation of the speedboat and small boat daily rentals and private chauffeur services :
• free cancellation up to 7 days before the beginning of the service
• for a reservation canceled in the period from 6 to 2 days before the beginning of the service, 20% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged
• for a reservation canceled within 48 hours of the beginning of the service, 50% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged
The above cancellation policy options do not necessarily apply to all additional services. Available cancellation policies for each service are listed in the service offer, under section Terms in Service Details, and stated on booking confirmation.
(The service provider reserves the right to withhold service to the Traveler if the Traveler brings a pet to the car, vessel or location where service providing is taking place, without previously notifying the Agency or the service provider. In this case, the Agency is not obligated to accept complaints made by the Traveler on the quality of the booked additional services).
15. Credit card payments - terms and conditions
• Credit card details are required to pay or to guarantee the reservation for Accommodation or Additional Services.
• Cancellation will be accepted free of charge as stated in these Terms and conditions: Article 9 and Article 14.
• In the case of cancellation outside of the free of charge cancellation policy or no show, your credit card will be charged for the full reservation amount unless otherwise specified while confirming the reservation.
• All details about payment methods can be found at the following link: Methods of payment
• If you have any queries, please contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
16. Handling/filing complaints
Each Traveler - reservation holder has a right to file a complaint if the paid services were not provided. If the services provided are not satisfactory, the passenger is required to immediately notify the Agency about the inadequate service and file a complaint on the day of his/her arrival at the location to the service provider and to inform the Agency office by email at email@example.com or by phone at +385 (0)21 274 401 (customer service working hours 08:00-16:00). The Traveler is obligated to cooperate with the Agency representative as well as with the service provider in a well-intentioned manner so that the cause of the complaint can be resolved. If upon arrival the Traveler is not satisfied with the state of the accommodation and leaves the accommodation on his own initiative and finds another accommodation without giving the agency a chance to resolve the issue, correct the cause of the discontent, or find another accommodation for the Traveler, the Traveler does not have a right to request a refund or make a claim for compensation, regardless of the fact that his/her reasons were justified or not.
Should the Traveler accept the proposed solution which corresponds with the service rendered on the spot, the Agency will not take additional complaints into consideration or respond to them.
If the problem is not resolved on the spot following an intervention, the Traveler is obligated to submit a written complaint along with supporting documents as well as any photographs to support the complaint to the agency by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail no later than 8 days following the return of the Traveler from his/her trip. The Agency shall only take into consideration fully documented complaints that are received within the 8-day deadline.
The agency is obligated to make a written solution to the complaint within 14 days of receipt of the written complaint. The agency can postpone the deadline in order to collect the evidence and check the claim quotes with the service provider but not for more than 14 days. The agency will take into consideration only those claims whose cause could not be resolved on the spot.
Until a decision has been made by the Agency, in other words for the duration of the 14/28 days after the complaint has been filed, the Traveler relinquishes the right to involve a third party, the arbitration institutions, publicly disclosing information as well as filing suit. The highest amount of compensation per complaint can amount to the complaint portion of the service and cannot encompass the used portion of the service or the total amount of the service. The law of tourism excludes the Traveler's right to be compensated for ideal damages.
The Agency cannot be held responsible for climate conditions, cleanliness, and the temperature of the sea, nor for other similar situations and events which can result in the dissatisfaction of Travelers and are not a direct result of the accommodation unit (for example, bad weather, improperly maintained beaches, crowds, lost or stolen property and such).
If the Traveler decides to book the special LAST MINUTE, FIRST MINUTE or SPECIAL OFFER deal, then he accepts all risks of such travel. These journeys include uncertainty of facts upon which the agency cannot influence, and the Traveler primarily due to the price accepted such a trip and therefore has no right to the refund of payment or any complaint to the agency.
17. Personal information security
The Traveler provides personal information of his/her own free will. Personal information is required for processing requested services. The same information shall be used for inter-communication. The Agency is under obligation that the personal information of the Traveler will not be taken out of the country or given to a third party except for the purpose of carrying out requested services. The personal information will be kept in a database in accordance with the Management's decision on the method used for collecting, processing and securing personal information. With the acceptance of these General Terms, the Traveler gives permission for his/her personal information to be used for promotional offers of the Agency.
Paying a deposit or payment in full signifies that the Traveler fully comprehends and accepts the aforementioned terms.
19. Court jurisdiction
The Traveler and the Agency will aim to settle possible lawsuits in the application of this Agreement and if an agreement cannot be reached the issue will become subject to the decision of the Split Court jurisdiction, under the authority of the laws of the Republic of Croatia.
Each holiday accommodation is handpicked
Your holiday time is precious and that is why we handpicked and inspected each and every holiday apartment hotel, villa and country house.
Instant booking and money back guarantee
You are 100% safe with us. If your accommodation is significantly different than described on our site, we will return your money.
The most important is your emotion of feeling safe. Your personal assistant is at your disposal for the whole time of your holiday in Croatia.
Price match guarantee
Top quality and great value can go hand in hand. We provide you competitive rates of the best accommodation on the Adriatic coast.