If you are a fan of peace and tranquillity, the Drvenik Islands (Veliki and Mali) are a great place to spend your holiday away from the crowds. In this Drvenik Travel Guide, you can read what to do during your stay.
How to get to Drvenik?
Drvenik is reachable only by ferry that departs from the port of Trogir several times a day (during summer). You can also rent a boat or private transfer and easily reach Drvenik since it is only 8 nautical miles away from the port of Trogir.
What to do on the Drvenik Islands?
The Drvenik Islands are an ideal place for everyone looking to get away from it all. Small and isolated but with beautiful nature and a mesmerizing shoreline that will leave no one indifferent. Hiking, bicycling, and kayaking are ideal for discovering these islands. Another way to spend your time is swimming and sunbathing of course.
Beaches on Drvenik
Drvenik is known for its beautiful beaches and crystal-clear waters. Here are some of the popular beaches on Drvenik Island:
Crystal clear sea on Drvenik
- Solinska Beach: It is a natural stone beach with a sandy bottom located on the south side of the island Drvenik Veliki/Veli.
- Krknjaši Beach (Blue Lagoon): Krknjaši Beach is a popular excursion destination and is easily reachable by boat. It is famous for its stunning turquoise waters and sandy sea bottom. Day trips to the Blue Lagoon are common from Drvenik Island and any other city on the Adriatic coast, it is one of the most popular day trips for tourists.
- Vela Rina Beach: This is one of the popular beaches on the island of Drvenik Mali, known for its sandy shoreline and crystal-clear waters. It is a great spot for swimming and sunbathing.
For dining, we recommend the following restaurants close to Drvenik (in the Trogir area):
Meal at Tavern Trs in Trogir
- Konoba Trs – This Micheline Guide restaurant is located in the vivid, pedestrian historic center of Trogir. It has a charming outdoor patio with a calm and distinct atmosphere, as well as a comfortable, dining area.
- Restaurant Don Dino – This restaurant in Trogir has a team of professionals including chefs, servers, and bartenders committed to making everything from meals to ambiance spectacular.
- Frankie Restaurant – For many years, the Frankie restaurant has been a symbol of a deep appreciation for the sea and tradition. Skilled chefs at this establishment make different dishes featuring freshly caught fish and seafood delicacies.
Drvenik Island is located in the Adriatic Sea off the coast of Croatia, close to Trogir, and its weather generally follows the Mediterranean climate pattern, similar to the nearby mainland. Summers are warm and dry with temperatures that range from 28°C to 33°C.